People have been doing business for centuries and using various techniques to promote trade. Now people will continue doing business, but due to increasing competition with time, people invent new tricks. Earlier, people used to advertise in newspapers and radio. But since the Covid-19 epidemic came to the world, people have known the Internet’s power and tried to increase business through the Internet. The present time belongs to the Internet, and the future will be fully digitized. There will be AI and robots all around. In such a changing world, those who cannot change themselves will be reduced to a corner somewhere.
What is Digital Marketing in simple terms?
In the previous conversation, we learned that from the past to the present, people use different tactics (e.g., newspaper ads, pamphlets, etc.) to promote their businesses. These tactics are called “Traditional Marketing”. Traditional marketing is based on offline media. If you’re using digital channels, such as search engines, social media platforms, email, and websites, to promote products or services, it is called “Digital Marketing”. If you’re thinking about how digital marketing is better than traditional marketing, read this chart.
As you can see the comparison between “traditional marketing and digital marketing”, we can clearly say how digital marketing is cost-effective, budget-friendly, and highly customizable compared to traditional marketing. We can describe digital marketing in simple terms like: “Digital Marketing is a broad term that encompasses a variety of strategies and tactics used to reach and engage with customers online”. After that, let’s learn the types of digital marketing.
8 Tactics of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a vast topic; explaining it in a single blog is like storing the sea in water bottles. Every aspect of digital marketing requires deep research and practical experience. In this conversation, we will give you a brief description of every type of digital marketing tactic. We also uploaded the article for every type of digital marketing tactic. There are 8 types of digital marketing tactics you can use to grow your business: –
1) Search Engine Optimization (SEO): – Search engine optimization is solely based on optimizing your website and its content to rank higher in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). In search engine result pages, websites rank on specific keywords and phrases. If you want to rank your website on SERP, do keyword research before uploading content on your website. This helps increase your website visibility and drives more organic traffic.
- Tip: Improve your On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO.
2) Pay-Per-Click Advertising / Paid Advertising: – As the name suggests, this tactic uses your pocket to generate sales. Pay-per-click (PPC) is a form of online advertising where advertisers pay every time a user clicks on one of their ads. In PPC, advertisers bid on specific keywords and phrases, and their ads appear at the top of the search engine result pages for those keywords.
- Tip: In Paid Advertising, make your ad copy creative and unique.
3) Social Media Marketing (SMM): – In Social Media Marketing, you only focus on the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your brand, engage with your audience, and drive traffic to your website.
- Tip: Before starting any ads on social media platforms, optimize your profile, page, and account to utilize your budget.
4) Content Marketing: – We share our valuable content on websites or social media. Sharing our content is a part of content marketing. In simple terms, “Content Marketing is creating and sharing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract the audience and drive profitable customer action.
- Tip: Make your content helpful for people rather than for Google.
5) Email Marketing: – In email marketing, we can target a group of people via email. It is an effective way to reach a large audience with personalized messages.
- Tip: Create your specific audience to double your chance of converting leads into sales.
6) Influencer Marketing: – In recent years, influencer marketing has been on fire. We can’t undermine the power of influencers. In influencing marketing, businesses partner with influencers (people with a large following on social media) to promote their products or services to their audience.
- Tip: You can try this strategy: 1 Big Influencer = Ten Medium Influencers. If that big influencer is unavailable or too expensive, try 10 medium-size influencers in the budget of one big influencer.
7) Affiliate Marketing: – Promoting another company’s product or services on your platform is called Affiliate Marketing. In affiliate marketing, you receive a commission if anyone signs up or purchases the product through your link. Generally, affiliate marketing is more beneficial for big influencers with a large follower base.
- Tip: If you want to do affiliate marketing easily, grow your audience first.
8) Mobile Marketing: – Mobile marketing tactic specifically designed for users on mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets. In mobile marketing, we focus on mobile apps, websites, SMS, and more.
- Tip: Optimize your website for mobile devices and provide a seamless user experience on small screens with limited space. It will give you the upper hand compared to non-optimized website owners.
After learning about all types of digital marketing tactics, I know each type has unique benefits, but “which digital marketing tactic is best for your business?”. The answer is “all tactics are best if combined to create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that drives results for your business.”
After learning the basics of digital marketing, we’re ready to learn why digital marketing is vital for your business.
Why is Digital Marketing important for your business?
To answer this question, let’s reverse this question, “Why is digital marketing not important for business?”. You could say: –
- When you don’t want to sell online,
- When you don’t want to build your brand,
- When you don’t want to earn profit online,
- When you think online promotion is a waste of money.
These points could prove that digital marketing is not important for your business. But you have to learn that digital marketing is essential for every business in this digital era. Every business can earn profits using digital marketing. You can say digital marketing is vital for companies of all sizes, from small startups to large corporations. Here are some key reasons why:
- Cost-Effectiveness: – Every audience is not profitable for you. Traditional marketing methods, such as print or television ads, target the whole community as the target audience, but in digital marketing, you can target your precise audience online. You can reach them at a lower cost and with greater precision.
- Build Brand Awareness: – Today, everyone has mobile phones compared to newspapers and television. If you’re considering building your brand, digital marketing is the best option.
- Drive Traffic and Conversions: – If you want online traffic and conversions on your website or social media, you must hold the hand of digital marketing. Digital Marketing can drive traffic to your website and convert visitors into customers. With PPC advertising, for example, you can target customers actively searching particular keywords for your products or services and drive them to your website.
- Provides Actionable and Valuable Insights: – If you’re marketing your products and services, you also want to know which method generates sales and which is wasting your time and money. In traditional marketing, you can’t get accurate insights into your efforts. With digital marketing, you can track and analyze your results in real time. These insights make data-driven decisions and adjust your strategy to improve your results.
These points are enough to move to digital marketing. If you still need convincing, let’s see data and case studies to show how digital marketing improves your business growth.
Here are some data and case studies that illustrate the importance of digital marketing:
- In a survey by the Pew Research Center, 81% of Americans said they go online daily. This survey highlights the importance of having a solid online presence to reach and engage with your audience.
- According to a study by eMarketer, digital ad spending is expected to reach $389 billion in 2021, indicating the growing importance of digital marketing.
- A case study by HubSpot found that a B2B software company could increase its traffic by 48% and leads by 96% by implementing a content marketing strategy.
- Another case study by Google showed that a retailer could increase its in-store visits by 75% and its overall revenue by 3.4X by using local inventory ads and search campaigns.
What did we learn in this conversation?
First, you must admit that there is no alternative to digital marketing. Digital marketing is a must-focus component of modern business strategy. Using various digital marketing tactics to reach and engage with an audience, you can build brand awareness, drive traffic to your website and social media, get conversions, and gain valuable insights into your customers’ behavior. In the coming years, more consumers will turn to digital channels. It’s now essential for businesses to invest in digital marketing to stay competitive and grow their bottom line.